Banishing Dark Circles
Despite getting plenty of sleep and not feeling tired, many people still suffer from dark circles. Fatigue isn’t the only cause of dark circles – they can show due to shadows cast by puffy eyelids or hollows that develop as a normal part of aging.
Here are some of the most common causes of under-eye circles:
- Skin disorders like atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Heredity — dark under-eye circles can run in families
- Pigmentation irregularities
- Rubbing or scratching your eyes
- Sun exposure, which prompts your body to produce more melanin, the pigment that gives skin its color
- Thinning skin and loss of fat and collagen — common as you age — can make the reddish-blue blood vessels under your eyes more obvious
- A poor blood circulation
Not all dark circles are the same, either – there are two types:
- dark circles with a blue tinge are due to bad blood microcirculation
- dark circles with a brown tinge are due to the oxidation of blood pigments and skin pigmentation
To help banish dark circles and awaken your skin, our Active Anti-Aging Eye Cream fights both blue and brown circles and reduces discolouration. Apply by gently massaging around the delicate eye area to stimulate the skin through microcirculation. Our formula works to prevent oxidation of pigments and skin pigmentation – complete your skin care routine by using our powerful anti-dark circles and puffiness eye cream to create an illuminating eye look.